Our mission is to share tax and laws related information in a manner to help professionals throughout the world to be more productive and successful. Our services are designed to promote interaction between our members while enabling them to meet, exchange ideas, learn, share and make decisions with the help of network and relationship.
Our registered users (“Members”) share their profile, exchange knowledge and professional understanding, post and view relevant content, learn and find opportunities. Content and data on some of our Services is viewable to non-members (“Visitors”).
This Contract applies to Taxcolors.com, Taxcolors branded apps and other Taxcolors related websites, communications, applications and other services and this also includes offsite collection of data for those Services e.g. our ads and the Taxcolors plugins. This applies to all services except services offered specifically under different policy. You are entering into an agreement with Taxcolors.com in India.
1. Data We Collect
To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and/or mobile number, complete address, qualification and a password. In case Services with payment, you will need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
You create your Taxcolor profile (a complete profile helps you get the most from our Services). You may have choices about the information on your profile, such as your education, work experience, skills, photo, city or area, endorsements etc. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
You will share your additional information while registering as an Expert with us including photograph.
You and others may post content that includes information about you (as part of articles, posts, comments, event details, videos) on our Services. We may collect public information about you, such as professional-related news and accomplishments (e.g., patents granted, professional recognition, conference speakers, projects, etc.) and make it available as part of our Services
We receive personal data (including contact information) about you when others import or sync their contacts or calendar with our Services, associate their contacts with Member profiles, or send messages using our Services (including invites or connection requests).
We receive personal data about you when you use the services of our customers and partners.
We receive data about you when you use some of the other services provided by us or our affiliates
We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including our sites, app and platform technology (e.g., our off-site plugins), such as when you view or click on content (e.g., learning video) or ads (on or off our sites and apps), perform a search, install or update one of our mobile apps, share articles or apply for jobs. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use.
- When you visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings.
- We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. We may also use automatic scanning technology on messages.
- We get data when you visit sites that include our plugins, ads or cookies or log-in to others’ services with your Taxcolors account.
- We receive information about your visits and interaction with services provided by others when you log-in with Taxcolors or visit others’ services that include our plugins, ads, cookies or similar technologies.
How We Use Your Data
We use your data to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services.
How we use your personal data will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in your settings. We use the data that we have about you to provide and personalize, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, our Services (including ads) so that they can be more relevant and useful to you and others.
Our Services help you to share with others, stay informed and be more productive. We use your data to authorize access to our Services.
- We will use data about you such as your profile, profiles you viewed or data provided through address book uploads or integrations to help others find your profile, suggest others for you and others and vice versa and also enable you to invite others to become a Member. We may use your precise location or proximity to others for certain tasks (e.g. to suggest other nearby Members for you).
- Our Services allow you to stay informed & updated about tax laws, other laws, news, events and ideas regarding professional topics you care about, and from professionals you expect. Such services may also help you to improve your professional skills, or learn new ones. We use the data we have about you to recommend relevant content and conversations on our Services, make suggestion. So, if you let us know that you are interested in a new skill we will use this information to personalize content in your feed, suggest that you follow certain members on our site or watch related learning content to help you towards that new skill. We use your content, activity and other data, including your name and picture, to provide notices to your network and others.
- Our Services may allow you to explore careers, evaluate educational opportunities, and seek out, and be found for, career opportunities. Your profile can be found by those looking to hire (for a job or a specific task) or be hired by you. We will use your data to recommend jobs or mentees, show you and others who work at a company, in an industry, function or location or have certain skills and connections. We will use your data to recommend jobs to you and you to recruiters. We may use automated systems to profile and provide recommendations to help make our Services more relevant to our Members, Visitors and customers. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date may help you better connect to others and to opportunities through our Services.
- Our Services allow you to collaborate with colleagues, search for potential clients, customers, partners and others to do business with. Our Services allow you to communicate with other Members and schedule and prepare meetings with them.
- We may sell premium Services that provide our customers and subscribers customized-search functionality and tools (including messaging and activity alerts) as part of our talent, marketing and sales solutions. Customers can export limited information from your profile, such as name, contacts, company, title, and general location, in order to manage sales leads or talent. A premium Services customer can store information he/she has about you in our premium Services, such as a resume or contact information or sales history. The data provided about you by these customers is subject to the policies of those customers.
- We will contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our websites or apps, messages to your inbox, physical letters, and other ways through our Services, including text messages and push notifications. We will send you messages about the availability of our Services, security, or other service-related issues. We also send messages about how to use the Services, network updates, reminders, job suggestions and promotional messages from us and our partners. Option for preferences may be provided to you. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
- We also enable communications between you and others through our Services, including for example invitations, Mail, groups and messages between members.
- We may target ads and also measure the performance thereof to Members, Visitors and others both on and off our Services directly or through a variety of partners, using any data, whether separately or combined, some of which mentioned herein below:
Data from advertising technologies on and off our Services, like beacons, pixels, tags, cookies etc.;
Member-provided information (e.g., profile, contact information, title and industry);
Data from your use of our Services (e.g., search history, feed, content you read, who you follow or is following you, connections, groups participation, page visits, videos you watch, clicking on an ad, etc.);
Information from advertising partners and publishers and Information inferred from data described above
- If you take an action (such as like, comment or share) on these ads, your action is associated with your name and viewable by others, including the advertiser.
- if you view or click on an ad on or off our site or apps, the ad provider will get a signal that someone visited the page that displayed the ad, and they may through the use of mechanisms such as cookies determine it is you. Advertising partners can associate personal data collected by the advertiser directly from you with our cookies and similar technologies.
- We use data and content about Members for invitations and communications promoting membership and network growth, engagement and our Services.
- We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and development for the further development of our Services in order to provide you and others with a better, more intuitive and personalized experience, drive membership growth and engagement on our Services, and help connect people to each other and to economic opportunity.
- We seek to create economic opportunity for Members to help them be more productive and successful. We use the personal data available to us to research social, economic and workplace trends such as jobs availability and skills needed for these jobs and policies that help bridge the gap in various industries and geographic areas. In some cases, we work with trusted third parties to perform this research, under controls that are designed to protect your privacy. We publish or allow others to publish economic insights, presented as aggregated data rather than personal data.
- Polls and surveys are conducted by us and others through our Services. You are not obligated to respond to polls or surveys, and you have choices about the information you provide.
- We use the data and communication to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and Service issues.
- We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you.
How We Share Information
-Your profile is fully visible to all Members and customers of our Services. It can also be visible to others on or off of our Services (e.g., Visitors to our Services or users of third- party search engines).
-Our Services allow viewing and sharing information including through posts, likes, follows and comments.
When you share any update, an article or a post or a video or event or image publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere. Members, Visitors and others will be able to find and see your publicly-shared content, including your name (and photo if you have provided one).
In a group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile.
Any information you share through third party web pages or companies’ or other organizations’ pages on our Services will be viewable by it and others who visit those pages.
When you follow a person or organization, you are visible to others and that “page owner” as a follower.
We let senders know when you act on their message and we also let a Member know when you view their profile.
When you like or re-share or comment on another’s content (including ads), others will be able to view these “social actions” and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
- We may enable archiving of messages for members in services or Members outside of our Services.
- Other services may look-up your profile. When you opt to link your account with other services, personal data will become available to them. The sharing and use of that personal data will be described in, or linked to, a consent screen when you opt to link the accounts. You may revoke the link with such accounts.
- Subject to your settings, excerpts from your profile will appear on the services of others (e.g., search engine results, mail and calendar applications “Old” profile information remains on these services until they update their data cache with changes you made to your profile.
We use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., improvement, maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing, development etc.). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law or other legal process or State administrative authorities however only where if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of Taxcolors, our Members, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Change in Control or Sale
Your Choices & Obligations
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. However some of such data and information is retained even after closure of your account.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
Information you have shared will remain visible after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other Members copied out of our Services. Groups content
Other Important Information
Though we implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, however, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- We may process data both inside and outside of India
Lawful Bases for Processing
- We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract
- Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object but subject to the terms stated above.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please connect us at email@example.com